Audrey Tait is a psychotherapist/counsellor, dietitian, author, writer, speaker, and photographer. She brings her personal experience and professional training into everything she does.
An eclectic approach to therapy is Audrey’s style. She works with anxiety, depression, anger, self-worth, trauma, and attachment. Other issues are substance issues, financial issues, gambling, and sexual addiction. She works with individuals, groups, couples, family, youth, LGBTQ and First Nations community. It is her personal goal to help you find personal peace.
Master of Science (MSc) in Addiction Counselling
Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Dietetics.
Registered Dietitian, (RD) with the College of Dietitians of Alberta
1. Canadian Certified Counsellor (CCC). This certification is with the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association.
2. Certified Sex Addiction Therapist (CSAT), Certified Partners Trauma Therapist, and Certified Multiple Addictions Therapist (CMAT). The CMAT includes Eating Disorders, Alcohol/Chemical Dependency, and Financial/Work Disorders. This training is with the International Institute of Addiction and Trauma Professionals.
1. Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
2. The Association of Counselling Therapy of Alberta
3. Dietitians of Canada
Audrey’s other training
1. Cognitive Therapy, Advanced Cognitive Therapy, and Diet Workshop from the Beck Institute. This training was with Dr. Aaron Beck (the founder of Cognitive Therapy or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) and his daughter, Dr. Judith Beck.
2. Level I Training For the Treatment of Trauma and Level II Emotional Processing Meaning Making, and Attachment Repair. Both are from the Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institution.
Expressive Art Therapy Level II & III and Expressive Art Journaling Level I with the Trauma-Informed Practices and Expressive Arts Therapy Institute.
Her books include:
I Am Wonderfully Me: Positive Affirmations for Me! Volumes 1-3,
Reflective Meditations Trilogy: Understanding My Trauma, Healing My Trauma, and Letting Go—Forgiveness.
Reflective Meditations Trilogy Understanding My Authentic Self, Believing in Myself, Loving Myself, Plus Understanding My Boundaries.
Audrey completed her Master’s program with straight A’s (4.0 GPA) and became a member of the Alpha Chi Society.
Recently, she received the Alberta Rose Award. It was for “noteworthy service, dedication, and commitment in the advancement of the counseling profession in the province of Alberta.”
Her lifestyle includes lots of outdoor activities and making music.